Hello! I’m Tom.
I was born in Beijing, China, and moved to the United States at age eight. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner working in California and Georgia and have worked in the helping professions for over nine years. I earned my undergraduate degree in Applied Psychology from New York University and my Master’s degree from the University of Southern California.
My journey to becoming a therapist started when working as a broker in NYC, I realized my true passion lay in helping people change their lives. I asked myself, “What are you prepared to give up in order to chase your dream?” and answered, “Everything.” I then quit the broker profession, left New York City, traveled the world for a year and attended graduate school to follow my dream of becoming a therapist.
As a therapist, I believe in holistic healing and continued professional development. The typical therapist is required 30 hours of continued education every two years. I have over 500 hours of post-graduate education in the last two years alone. I hold certifications in: Substance Abuse, Domestic Violence, Positive Psychology (the science of happiness), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, Trauma-Informed CBT, Somatic Experiencing and Internal Family Systems.
I use these specialized methods in accordance with what works for each client. My goal for my clients is to heal from their past, understand their present, and re-shape their future. I believe that psychology is not only used to help clients heal, but to help them flourish.
Trauma and PTSD
Grief & Loss
Stress & Anxiety
Education and Certifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Southern California (Summa Cum Laude)
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology from New York University (Summa Cum Laude)
- Positive Psychology from University of North Carolina
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Processing) Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: Therapist, Polarizations, Extreme Protectors and the Cycle of Addiction
- Substance Use and Misuse, and Biopsychosocial Model of Addiction
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in Georgia License CSW007676
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in California License 108340
Interested in Individual Therapy?
Click on the button below to ask a question or schedule a free consultation.